This post is likely to appear as a vomit of inspiration. How do you sum up a jam packed weekend in a cohesive manner?
Here are some quotes and ideas and thing I picked up at LEADERS CAUSING LEADERS 2011
- I am a leader in the awakening of love!
- Q: What is the nature of the society you want to live in?
- Q: What is the nature of the society you want your grandchildren to live in?
- How can we create a world that works for ALL beings? …where our highest value is life…
- “Dream 2 Become, Dare 2 Become, Do 2 Become” – BRUCE WRIGHT
- “If you have 100% belief in reality you will not do great things. You have to dream to do something big.”
- “If we never jump, we’ll never leave the ground.”
- “[As a manager it is your job to share and educate people until they see the benefit and advantage of the things you impose.]” – MATTHEW & TERCES ENGELHART
- “Leave people in great shape.” – MATTHEW & TERCES ENGELHART
- “However big you think you can be, you’re selling yourself short.” – MARIANNE WILLIAMSON
- “We don’t allow ourselves to fully adore others until they die.” - MARIANNE WILLIAMSON
- “The presence of fear is a sure sign you are trusting your own strength.” - MARIANNE WILLIAMSON
- Every second we take in 1 million pieces of data but we are only aware of 6 or 7 pieces of information.
- The Secret to creativity and innovation: courageous climate, courageous actions, courageous creativity
- 55% of communication is non-verbal according to Albert Mehrabian
- How to get what you dream of: Do you love your vision for your future more than your own comfort?
- “Every once in a while the hand might hit you and you go that’s not nice.” – GURU SINGH
- SALSA: SPEAK for easy listening, ASSUME values, LISTEN with an open mind, STAY loose until rigor counts, ACT when the time is right
- Get out of your head and get into your heart.
- Be a cheerleader for others! For whatever they are up to!
There was this one super inspiring (mostly raw) vegan speaker, Raven Starr (she recommended this free numerology report that changed her life) really made me excited and proud to be vegan.
Another speaker I really loved was Guru Singh. He had some good quotes…
“You are weird!” – GURU SINGH
He led us through many breathing exercises.
“The idea that beauty is something other than you is absurd.” – GURU SINGH
He also talked about words a lot:
Human = Hue + Man (meaning the brain-mind connection)
Woman = Womb (meaning the future) + Man (meaning the brain-mind connection)
Another interesting thins was the 4 Steps to Compassionate Communication: Observations, Feelings, Needs and Requests which I found very similar to Clear Leadership’s Observations, Thoughts, Feelings and Wants.
I noticed many similarities between different presenters and previous leadership workshops I have done. I think all leadership presentations come down to these 3 things:
- Communication: How to share and connect with others
- Ownership: Some concept of taking responsibility for one’s own actions and experience
- Tools: Apologizing, Acknowledgment, Praise, Rewards… ideas of motivating and inspiring others