19 Lessons in 19 Years? A dude named Ryan Freitas wrote a blog post titled “35 lessons in 35 years” that I found through SuperForest, like many other awesome things. After just having my 19th Birthday I feel some personal reflection is necessary.
After just one year out of high school in the “real world” of university and life i’ve learned a few things, but I am by no means an expert. “Anyone who thinks he has the answer hasn’t properly understood the question.”
19 Lessons About Life
- Don’t ever leave your shit anywhere. Nuff said.
- Don’t think!Just do. …but don’t use this as an excuse to be stupid.
- Live in the moment, there is no better place to be : )
- Go with the flow. Be cool. Everything will be fine… or better yet, excellent : )
- Focus on the solution, not the problem.
- Serve the people around you and they in turn will serve you.
- Manners never go out of fashion.
- TREAT PEOPLE/ANIMALS/PLANTS/THE ENVIRONMENT the way you want to be treated.
- You get back what you put out and good vibes are always appreciated.
- A little gratitude goes a long way. Think of what a lot of gratitude could do.
- Everyone has something special that they are passionate about, I don’t think you can ever ask someone too many questions and you can learn something from everyone.
- It is so much better to “Do It Yourself”.
- Don’t make rules for the sake of having rules. Make rules to make solutions, not arbitrarily.
- Plants are good.
- Water is your friend.
- Sugar is bad. Consume sparingly.
- Know your limit.
- The world is not your “meat market” (I know, this, coming from the vegan right? haha). There are many good-looking and attractive people in the world. Some of them may become your friends. Treat them like people. Be a normal human being.
- Always tell someone where you are going.
- It’s nice to be with people but no one should ever be the only one. Don’t leave your life in the hands of one other person. You are a powerful and independent being.
So do those sound about right? What are your life lessons? Lemme know in comments peeps! I love you.
Keep on rockin’ in the free world!