This weekend I had the distinct pleasure of presenting at the Inter-University Conference on Education. Apparently my session was one of the most popular! Around 30 people attended and the evaluations I saw were very positive. Here’s some more info about my presentation:
Learning from Life: Unleashing Unconditional Happiness with Jenni Rempel
By separating external events from personal experiences, it is possible to open a way to seeing life as a path way to unconditional happiness. This workshop will explore circumstantial learning, techniques and tools to look at life and perceived obstacles as opportunities for growth and development.
CLICK HERE TO VIEW THE PRESENTATION: Learning from Life: Unleashing Unconditional Happiness
The main points I was sharing were related to choosing happiness and creating a positive life. I also brought in some laughter yoga techniques as I do at all of the workshops I facilitate.
I showed a clip from this lovely lecture:
And I also played zen meditation music as people entered to set the mood.
It was really beautiful. Just sitting in the room with the sunlight sneaking in. And listening to people talk about what they are grateful for. I am blessed.
One of the main points I covered was the Cafe Gratitude Clearing Process…
So basically, it’s a conversation to get you to be present, in the moment, and living an amazing life.
There are two people: The Clearee and the Clearer.
- The clearer asks the clearee some variation of “what’s stopping you from being present?”, there are many ways to say this… “what’s in the way of you being here right now?”… “what are you resisting?”…
- Then the clearer repeats back what the clearee says VERBATIM. Simply let them be heard, without judgement, advice or opinions given. Do not paraphrase or change what they say. The clearer tries to get the clearee “out of their head an into their heart” by asking them how they feel and putting an emotion to it (letting go of anything conceptual or anything other than their experience).
- The clearee breathes in the emotion they are feeling, and then exhales and lets it go.
- Then the clearer asks the clearee a different question. Some variation of “what are you grateful for?” or “what do you love about your life?” … “what inspires you?”
- Then the clearer acknowledges the clearee and tells them something empowering. Thank them for being there and be moved by them.
- And then they switch! That’s it!
If you want more questions visit this google group, they email two new ones out daily: http://groups.google.com/group/question_of_the_day?pli=1
There is a much more detailed description of this process in the books “Sacred Commerce” and “Kindred Spirit” by Matthew and Terces Engelhart. They also have a DVD about clearing that was recently completed.