Swimming may refer to:
Movement and sport in water
That definition made me laugh : P
I went swimming for what I thought was the first time in years (but later realized I went swimming in California this summer haha, I am a lucky bum) recently. I am taking both dance and acting this semester at school and because of that I am intensive physically active for 2 to 3 hours a day, 4 days in a row. Last week I GOT SUPER SCARED because my knees turned purple. They looked like “knee hickey’s”. My Mom asked if I was crawling around. I wasn’t. I went to the doctor and was told that my knees are just overstressed (too much plié haha). He recommended I rest them and go swimming.
Swimming is an excellent form of exercise. Because the density of the human body is very similar to that of water, the water supports the body and less stress is therefore placed on joints and bones. Swimming is frequently used as an exercise in rehabilitation after injuries or for those with disabilities.
It might be all in my head but my knees feel nice now. And I smell like chlorine haha.
Oh and I had good pool talks too. I love my friends : )
- Made fresh squeezed orange juice!
- Made a Kale Salad!
- Had a clearing conversation!
- Bumped into a friend at the Bus Stop!
- Went to the top of a mountain!
- Gave a gift!
- Printed posters!
- Attended a student dialogue about experiential learning!
- Went to a meeting!
- Supported a student initiative!
- Planned a trip to Victoria! YAY SO EXCITED!
- Applied for and was granted funding for an event!
- Had a life realization!
- Fell asleep on a bus – literally! haha!
- Saw Captain Charles Moore – credited with discovering the Great Pacific Garbage Patch!
- Learned about the ocean!
- Thought about how I can help the ocean!
- Bought bananas!
- Danced ballet!
- Put up posters at SFU Vancouver and SFU Surrey!
- Was featured in a newspaper!
- Helped someone plan a Valentines Surprise for their partner!
- Bought vegan food!
- Made a vegan cucumber sandwich!
- Finished a proposal!
- Was inspired by people online!
- Wrote this list!
BAM! 3 Campuses. 1 Day. 1 class. ROCKSTAR! The state of mind, not the energy drink! Life is amazing : )
Night! Dream pretty : )
Notes to self:
- THIS IS NOT THE TRUTH. I am only sharing my perspective and giving people an opportunity to take what they like and leave the rest.
- Do a Mic Check – and listen to the audience. (maybe even have point people, so that I can hear them if there is speaking or interacting)
- Encourage live tweeting! Have a hashtag!
- Improv style! Audience participation.
- I want to elicit responses that matter! Why am I asking this? What am I looking for (and if I am looking for something then I probably shouldn’t be asking). Why ask the rhetorical question?
- Drop the details.
- CLEAR Communication.
- Know facts, don’t talk about stuff you don’t know.
- Sometimes there is an awkwardness with audience participation. I want to create an environment which avoids shame/embarrassment and creates a level of comfort.
Notes to self:
- Humility: is the quality of being modest and respectful.
- This is your session. Think of this room as Vegas.
Things I want to learn about:
History of Leadership – ie: Gandhi
I want to create a world without hunger and malnutrition…but what DO I want… hmm…
I want to create a nourished world. In every sense of the world.
I like working with: kids, film, design, social change, dancing, leadership
So that’s me at the moment.
WHAT DO YOU BELIEVE IN?