- realize how unique and special you are
- cheer yourself on
- be open to possibilities
- overvalue your expertise (impossible)
- let passion and inspiration dictate what you do
- forget societal pressures
- do only work that you love
- set realistic goals and deadlines
- remember that haters gon’ hate, surround yourself with people who love and empower you
- find inspiration in everything
- keep making art
Generally, if something happens more than once I assume it is a trend. Suddenly “everyone” is doing it and it doesn’t even take 3 people haha.
Right now, everyone in the music industry is making short films. Kinda interesting. I’m glad they are bring attention to this medium, however, as one of the people in the videos above pointed out to me (guess who? BEST DAY EVER), “I’m a musician, not an actor.” I guess sometimes skills such as acting and skills such as being able to reach a large audience hold different value. If those videos featured random local actors I doubt they would have the thousands of views they have acquired… and then I would have seen them : )
GO MAKE COOL STUFF.