This post is likely to appear as a vomit of inspiration. How do you sum up a jam packed weekend in a cohesive manner?
Here are some quotes and ideas and thing I picked up at LEADERS CAUSING LEADERS 2011
- I am a leader in the awakening of love!
- Q: What is the nature of the society you want to live in?
- Q: What is the nature of the society you want your grandchildren to live in?
- How can we create a world that works for ALL beings? …where our highest value is life…
- “Dream 2 Become, Dare 2 Become, Do 2 Become” – BRUCE WRIGHT
- “If you have 100% belief in reality you will not do great things. You have to dream to do something big.”
- “If we never jump, we’ll never leave the ground.”
- “[As a manager it is your job to share and educate people until they see the benefit and advantage of the things you impose.]” – MATTHEW & TERCES ENGELHART
- “Leave people in great shape.” – MATTHEW & TERCES ENGELHART
- “However big you think you can be, you’re selling yourself short.” – MARIANNE WILLIAMSON
- “We don’t allow ourselves to fully adore others until they die.” – MARIANNE WILLIAMSON
- “The presence of fear is a sure sign you are trusting your own strength.” – MARIANNE WILLIAMSON
- Every second we take in 1 million pieces of data but we are only aware of 6 or 7 pieces of information.
- The Secret to creativity and innovation: courageous climate, courageous actions, courageous creativity
- 55% of communication is non-verbal according to Albert Mehrabian
- How to get what you dream of: Do you love your vision for your future more than your own comfort?
- “Every once in a while the hand might hit you and you go that’s not nice.” – GURU SINGH
- SALSA: SPEAK for easy listening, ASSUME values, LISTEN with an open mind, STAY loose until rigor counts, ACT when the time is right
- Get out of your head and get into your heart.
- Be a cheerleader for others! For whatever they are up to!
There was this one super inspiring (mostly raw) vegan speaker, Raven Starr (she recommended this free numerology report that changed her life) really made me excited and proud to be vegan.
Another speaker I really loved was Guru Singh. He had some good quotes…
“You are weird!” – GURU SINGH
He led us through many breathing exercises.
“The idea that beauty is something other than you is absurd.” – GURU SINGH
He also talked about words a lot:
Human = Hue + Man (meaning the brain-mind connection)
Woman = Womb (meaning the future) + Man (meaning the brain-mind connection)
Another interesting thins was the 4 Steps to Compassionate Communication: Observations, Feelings, Needs and Requests which I found very similar to Clear Leadership’s Observations, Thoughts, Feelings and Wants.
I noticed many similarities between different presenters and previous leadership workshops I have done. I think all leadership presentations come down to these 3 things:
- Communication: How to share and connect with others
- Ownership: Some concept of taking responsibility for one’s own actions and experience
- Tools: Apologizing, Acknowledgment, Praise, Rewards… ideas of motivating and inspiring others
This weekend I had the distinct pleasure of presenting at the Inter-University Conference on Education. Apparently my session was one of the most popular! Around 30 people attended and the evaluations I saw were very positive. Here’s some more info about my presentation:
Learning from Life: Unleashing Unconditional Happiness with Jenni Rempel
By separating external events from personal experiences, it is possible to open a way to seeing life as a path way to unconditional happiness. This workshop will explore circumstantial learning, techniques and tools to look at life and perceived obstacles as opportunities for growth and development.
CLICK HERE TO VIEW THE PRESENTATION: Learning from Life: Unleashing Unconditional Happiness
The main points I was sharing were related to choosing happiness and creating a positive life. I also brought in some laughter yoga techniques as I do at all of the workshops I facilitate.
I showed a clip from this lovely lecture:
And I also played zen meditation music as people entered to set the mood.
It was really beautiful. Just sitting in the room with the sunlight sneaking in. And listening to people talk about what they are grateful for. I am blessed.
One of the main points I covered was the Cafe Gratitude Clearing Process…
So basically, it’s a conversation to get you to be present, in the moment, and living an amazing life.
There are two people: The Clearee and the Clearer.
- The clearer asks the clearee some variation of “what’s stopping you from being present?”, there are many ways to say this… “what’s in the way of you being here right now?”… “what are you resisting?”…
- Then the clearer repeats back what the clearee says VERBATIM. Simply let them be heard, without judgement, advice or opinions given. Do not paraphrase or change what they say. The clearer tries to get the clearee “out of their head an into their heart” by asking them how they feel and putting an emotion to it (letting go of anything conceptual or anything other than their experience).
- The clearee breathes in the emotion they are feeling, and then exhales and lets it go.
- Then the clearer asks the clearee a different question. Some variation of “what are you grateful for?” or “what do you love about your life?” … “what inspires you?”
- Then the clearer acknowledges the clearee and tells them something empowering. Thank them for being there and be moved by them.
- And then they switch! That’s it!
If you want more questions visit this google group, they email two new ones out daily: http://groups.google.com/group/question_of_the_day?pli=1
There is a much more detailed description of this process in the books “Sacred Commerce” and “Kindred Spirit” by Matthew and Terces Engelhart. They also have a DVD about clearing that was recently completed.
pain is the simplist method of identifying addictions
You attract people who make you conscious of your addictions.
If processing has not brought transformation, discuss feelings.
Accept Feelings, Accept Conditions, Change Conditions
“If you have not developed your capacity for loving yourself, you will be lonely regardless of who you are with.”
Right now, I am being silent for Invisible Children’s campaign 25. One hour of silence for each of the 25 years of war Central Africa has endured. We can stop this.
As a fairly theatrical person I have observed that I use my body so much more when I cannot use my voice. My gestures, my grunts and laughter, they are all amplified. Silence amps up our other tools for communication. I am grateful for my body and my literacy right now. They are both helping me communicate. I am sad that not everyone has this luxury. That is why I am doing this I suppose.
I am also enjoying listening. Absorbing information from other people and relishing in these moments of thoughtful reflection I am privy to.
One world. One peace.
We are the change. See you in the morning world.
Awesome things about today:
- Dreams that feel like reality
- Manon Pouget
- People caring about you
- WARM SHOWERS
- Accomplishing goals
- Commercial Drive
- Wisdom from others
- Laughing until it hurts. Really. Really. Badly.
- Crazy sleep deprived inspiration
- Vegan Coconut Ice Creme
- Hipster music
- Being safe, being happy, being surrounded by awesome people : )
I AM GRATEFUL.
There is nowhere you can be that isn’t where you’re meant to be.
Everything happens for a reason.
“Yes, it’s all for the best”.
All proceeds go to find the Invisible Children Protection Plan. BE THE CHANGE. Join me in going silent!
Kwan Seum Bosal
Kwan Seum Bosal
Kwan Seum Bosal
Kwan Seum Bosal is the Boddhisatva of compassion. When you chant the name of Kwan Seum Bosal, you are more or less expressing your desire for the spirit of compassion to manifest in the world.
Which is amazing. Let us all share in this : )